All this hype about the “toxins” that are in vaccines and not too many people actually take the time to find out what those ingredients are, and what they really mean to us. Fact is, most of the ingredients happen naturally in our bodies and the fruits, vegetables and meats we eat daily.
Common substances found in vaccines include:
- Aluminum gels or salts of aluminum which are added as adjuvants to help the vaccine stimulate a better response. Adjuvants help promote an earlier, more potent response, and more persistent immune response to the vaccine.
- Antibiotics which are added to some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs (bacteria) during production and storage of the vaccine. No vaccine produced in the United States contains penicillin.
- Egg protein is found in influenza and yellow fever vaccines, which are prepared using chicken eggs. Ordinarily, persons who are able to eat eggs or egg products safely can receive these vaccines.
- Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and 2-phenoxy-ethanol which are used as stabilizers in a few vaccines to help the vaccine remain unchanged when the vaccine is exposed to heat, light, acidity, or humidity.
- Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine that contain more than one dose to prevent contamination and growth of potentially harmful bacteria.
For children with a prior history of allergic reactions to any of these substances in vaccines, parents should consult their child’s healthcare provider before vaccination.
Did you know that many brand name foods on the shelves of our grocery stores contain mercury? Foods like Quaker Oatmeal, Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, Nutri-Grain Strawberry Cereal Bars, Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt, Lipton Green Tea, various Apple Sauces, Tomato Soup, Ketchup and Chocolate Milk.
Did you know that’s also true of formaldehyde? Nutritious foods like Apples, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Potatoes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Meats and Poultry, Seafood, Dairy Products, Alcoholic Beverages, Soft Drinks and Coffee! Yum!
And Aluminum… let’s talk about aluminum. Aluminum occurs naturally in the soil, water and air!
It’s time to move on to the next super scary ingredient: MSG (monosodium glutamate)
Have you ever eaten Doritos? Kentucky Fried Chicken? Chick-Fil-A? Pringles? Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup? Lipton’s Onion Soup? Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing? Knorr’s Chicken or Beef Bouilon? Japanese Seaweed Salad?
If so, you have been enjoying lots of MSG.
On to BEER!!! Did you know that many beers contain GMO Corn and GMO Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, MSG, insect-based dyes, and caramel coloring made from ammonia that is classified as a carcinogen???
Perhaps Wine is your thing… If so, you’ve been lovin’ on some heavy metal:
The metal ions that accounted for most of the contamination were vanadium, copper, and manganese. But four other metals with THQs above 1 also were found: zinc, nickel, chromium, and lead.
Some 30 other metal ions were measured in the wines, but THQs could not be calculated because safe daily levels for these metals are not known.
All of these oxidating metal ions pose potential problems. But the manganese contamination particularly worries behavioral neurotoxicologist Bernard Weiss, PhD, professor of environmental medicine at the University of Rochester, N.Y. Weiss was not involved in the Naughton study.
“From the point of view of just one of these metals in wine, manganese, I would be concerned,” Weiss tells WebMD. “Any time you see numbers like they have in this study, you begin to scratch your head and wonder about the effects over a long period of ingestion: Not one glass of wine last Tuesday, but a glass a day over a lifetime.”
Manganese accumulation in the brain, Weiss notes, has been linked to Parkinson’s disease.
All these facts should allay any fears you might have had about vaccinating your children, so that they don’t make others sick… or dead.
BUT WAIT!!! What about AUTISM??? No need to worry, it’s completely unrelated:
Both genetics and environment play a role in the causes of autism. Researchers have identified a number of genes associated with the disorder. Studies of people with ASD have found irregularities in several regions of the brain. Other studies suggest that people with ASD have abnormal levels of serotonin or other neurotransmitters in the brain. These abnormalities suggest that ASD could result from the disruption of normal brain development early in fetal development caused by defects in genes that control brain growth and that regulate how brain cells communicate with each other, possibly due to the influence of environmental factors on gene function. While these findings are intriguing, they are preliminary and require further study. The theory that parental practices are responsible for ASD has long been disproved.
The moral of the story is: vaccinate your children unless you have a fact-based (NOT fear-based) reason not to. Some children CAN NOT get vaccines and they depend on the rest of us being responsible. Their very lives depend on us.